Getting the music

Hey everyone! My team is currently working on a documentary and we are looking to put together our first trailer to show everyone who is interested. The question is: How do I find the music needed for productions? Is there a site or company that will help me get the music I need? I'm more concerned of the legalities, and giving credit to the artists. In other words, I'm looking for music for my production. Any suggestions?

There are hundreds of Royalty Free music sites. The higher the quality of the music tracks the more you will probably pay. There are many - and I mean MANY - composers out there looking for projects; you can start your search here on IndieTalk, and, again, there are dozens of sites dedicated to composers and music-for-picture. If you are looking for original music by performers/bands MySpace is chock full of them, all the way from awful to excellent.

The hardest part is spending hours auditioning songs.

Yeah, tons of us music cats around, just put a call out and what you're looking for (trailer music isn't my forte, but I know there are others around who excel at it)

Thanks!

Thanks guys! I'm mainly looking for a soft yet elegant piano piece for the trailer, to touch the hearts of many with the documentary :P. I knew this was the toughest point in our team, which is why I plan on studying music as well as filming. But the royalty free sites may have something I can use for a small trailer, and I'll surely check Myspace. Haven't used that in years

If you are interested I would love to send you some of my work. I am a hip hop artist/producer working on my 6th project. I am always looking for ways to get my music out there. If you would like to hear some of my work feel free to email me at therealshneal@yahoo.com. I will send you free DL links to some albums to look over. I would sub-categorize my music as conscious/revolutionary/soulful hip hop. Thanks -Shneal

Back