Get your movie on imdb?

Hi

I am an independent filmmaker making my first feature. I would like to put it on imdb, and give credit to all of the crew, who are also mostly new as well. How can I go around doing that? Do I have to be an imdb premium member or something? Do I need some kind of references or something, because I'm sure they screen submissions? thanks

Last edited:
Usually you need to reference either a festival its played at or if your film has been released on DVD a URL to a known retail store such as Amazon. They usually won't list anything based solely on your word unless you are well established.

I was once told (by IMDB) that if my film was certified (by the BBFC) it would be eligible for the IMDB. But perhaps that's just a UK thing?

It's hardish to get into without doing some serious footwork (from my experience). Our short "Death Bed" was turned down even though an IMDB listing was one of the prizes offered for making the top 10 (Still a little miffed at the UK Film Club for that one). So I've been getting it played around places and I'll be re-entering for acceptance again.

It's good that you asked the question before moving forward, studio9. I wasn't so smart and wasted half a day submitting tons of info for my '99 feature, only to be unceremoniously blown off.

I believe IMDb is owned by amazon.com, so I suspect Thunderclap is correct that their criteria may include availability on amazon.

Back