Get your Film Distributed Internationally

Hello!

I'm excited to announce that ADEYS TV is now accepting submissions for films and pilots. We are a new network launching this summer that will distribute on all Roku, SmartTV, and GoogleTV devices. We provide an opportunity for filmmakers to reach a wider audience without all the creative restrictions and endless notes of traditional networks.

We want to be a spring board to launch your talent, not to micromanage your creative vision. To submit your film or pilot just visit www.adeys.tv/awards/ and fill out the form. Also, all submissions are entered into the APT Contest for a chance to win $3,000. Get your content into living rooms around the world and potentially win $3,000 along the way.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, we can't wait to watch your work!

How much up front cash?

Whenever a new distributor posts on IndieTalk you always seem to be one of the first to respond and you always ask this same ridiculous question. All this question achieves is to demonstrate that you have no idea how this business works, which gives a poor first impression of the knowledge/abilities of the IndieTalk membership in general and dissuades/discourages the distributor.

Maybe you don't have any suitable content currently and/or maybe the distributor isn't legit but it's extremely unfair of you to ask an unanswerable and therefore confrontational question when the OP might represent a valuable opportunity to some indietalk members. Your question doesn't help in any way, it's just a hindrance, so please don't ask it anymore!

G

Whenever a new distributor posts on IndieTalk you always seem to be one of the first to respond and you always ask this same ridiculous question.

Every time I ask this question I get this same ridiculous answer from you.

If I recall, I think I was around the 80th poster to view the thread before being the first member here to respond.

I want to know 2 things from a new distributor 1) Do they pay up front cash and 2) have they ever paid upfront cash to anyone yet?

If the answer is no, then I don't need to know anything more about them.

As for the way the movie business is run, nobody knows anything, and it is especially true for those start talking about knowing everything.

BTW, ADEYS-TV's only other post is 0-49. Why didn't you go there and welcome him to indietalk instead?

Last edited:
Every time I ask this question I get this same ridiculous answer from you.

You think it's ridiculous to ask for some consideration for your fellow IT members?

If I recall, I think I was around the 80th poster to view the thread before being the first member here to respond.

Is that supposed to be some sort of justification for posting a ridiculous and confrontational response, what about the rest of the members who hadn't yet viewed the thread? Even if all the IT members had viewed the thread, there would still be no call for a ridiculous and confrontational response unless you have some evidence that the OP is not legit.

I want to know 2 things from a new distributor 1) Do they pay up front cash and 2) have they ever paid upfront cash to anyone yet?

This is patently a short-sighted/ignorant approach to selling your films, not least because it implies that you yourself think your films are so poor that an up front cash payment is the only way you are likely to see any revenue! Regardless of how stupid I think your approach is and what poor salesmanship it demonstrates, if these are the two questions you want answered, why the hell didn't you ask them? Even if they do still demonstrate ignorance (and by association the rest of the IT members also), at least these two questions are answerable, whereas "How much up front cash?" is not!

As for the way the movie business is run, nobody knows anything, and it is especially true for those start talking about knowing everything.

You don't think it's unbelievably ignorant to state there is no one in the Film/TV industry with a level of knowledge which falls between the absolute extremes of knowing nothing and knowing everything?

G

So......

Back to the OP's topic. It's an intriguing offer. Now, I've never submitted to anything like this - Does the content creator have to have a complete project to submit to you? Or do they submit the idea/script instead?

I think this would probably answer Guerrilla's controversial question...

Second question:
If the content creator is submitting the content fully prepared to air, and may receive up to $3,000, is that work it for the content creator, considering your content is now given to this network? Couldn't the network earn a lot more money from your content after they have it via your contest? This reminds of college scholarships I'd fill out that would want me to write an essay or shoot a film that they would essentially just use for their own marketing benefit later, so the payout to me was minimal in comparison.

Third question:
What kind of rights does the content creator maintain if their submission wins a contest like this?

How much up front cash?
The only up front cash would be the prize money if you win the contest. To answer your other question, our contract pays the content creator based on ad revenue, and since we haven't launched yet we haven't generated any ad revenue from someone's content, so as of now we have not cut any filmmakers a check.

So......
Back to the OP's topic. It's an intriguing offer. Now, I've never submitted to anything like this - Does the content creator have to have a complete project to submit to you? Or do they submit the idea/script instead?

A complete project is preferred, but not required. In our submission form we have a section asking the "Estimated completion date" specifically for projects that may be in post, or just now wrapping up production. Also, if you did have an awesome pitch/script but was not yet produced by no means would we shy away from it.

Second question:
If the content creator is submitting the content fully prepared to air, and may receive up to $3,000, is that work it for the content creator, considering your content is now given to this network? Couldn't the network earn a lot more money from your content after they have it via your contest? This reminds of college scholarships I'd fill out that would want me to write an essay or shoot a film that they would essentially just use for their own marketing benefit later, so the payout to me was minimal in comparison.
Third question:
What kind of rights does the content creator maintain if their submission wins a contest like this?

Sorry if my initial post was misleading but the potential prize money is not the only payment that you'd receive. If your content was chosen to be shown on ADEYS TV and you agreed to the contract, then you'd get 40% of the ad revenue for the year that the contract is binding for. On top of that 40%, you'd also have the shot at the $3,000 grand prize or also the $1,500 prize for our "Stockumentary" contest.

In terms of what rights will the filmmaker maintain, it's my understanding that the filmmaker would still own the rights to the work, however ADEYS TV would have the rights to broadcast it on any medium and can distribute the content to any territory. Also for an initial 6 month period the filmmaker couldn't allow the content to be accessible in any format or medium unless it was a medium/format affiliated with/chosen by ADEYS TV. In other words if you had it on vimeo, youtube, etc, it would have to be removed for that period.

Also, I just want to clarify that by submitting your work you ARE NOT agreeing to the terms of the contract, so really there's no downside to submitting your content to see if it would get picked up/win the contest. It would only be after we review the submissions and decide on them that the contract would be a factor.

Great questions! Please ask away if you have any more.

I see the Adeys.TV blog has been up since late February.
About how many views per week has it been receiving?
http://www.adeys.tv

Other than FB, Twitter, and G+ what other methods is Adeys being advertised and promoted to maximise eyeballs on site?
Forum posts like this? AdSense? Other?

AudioPostExpert,

You responded to everything I wrote except this one:

"BTW, ADEYS-TV's only other post is 0-49. Why didn't you go there and welcome him to indietalk instead?"

Well, did you?

----------

ADEYS-TV, thanks for answering my question!

I see the Adeys.TV blog has been up since late February.
About how many views per week has it been receiving?
http://www.adeys.tv

Other than FB, Twitter, and G+ what other methods is Adeys being advertised and promoted to maximise eyeballs on site?
Forum posts like this? AdSense? Other?

Let me speak with my partner who handles the marketing and promotion of ADEYS and get back to you on that.

how do you pronounce the network? cause in my head i keep saying "aids t.v" and im certainly not thinking of the aids that helped jared loose all that weight.

Yeah it's definitely not AIDS tv, it should be pronounced as "a daze". In terms of hits per week we're currently in the 20,000s, that being said we haven't launched yet or really started promoting the channel. The only promotion we've been doing is reaching out to filmmakers and content producers for distribution. Once we launch we'll have a full on advertising campaign utilizing the Google Adsense, social media, and marketing on the set top devices themselves.

Back