• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Genrefinity Episode 1

I've posted the "pre-release" version of Genrefinity: The Series - Episode 1 and am looking for feedback.

Genrefinity is an episodic web comedy series about three socially awkward friends attempting to launch the next big social networking site. If they can survive each others insults, in-bickering, sarcasm, and the wrath of their hostile marketing manager they just might succeed in making money, friends, and a name for themselves in cyberspace.

The "pre-release" version is missing about 15-seconds of footage and the final score, but it is still an enjoyable and funny episode. I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Link No Longer Active

Last edited:
I thought it was really well shot for a webseries, very clean.

THe flashback swishes with the soundeffect was very well done. I laughed at the flashbacks, espically the kid with the balloon.

Acting was a bit weak from the female character.

and the sound was decent, but could be better.

I would deffinately keep watching the series, so that's a big upside.

Very good! Funny, well shot and very watchable. I thought the acting was natural and the team seemed to work well together.

A good job well done. Would definately watch more! :)

Well done. Nicely shot, good sound, pretty funny script, and the actors were solid.

Favorite line: "She's grown into her...eye."

Nice stuff. Definitely worth checking out.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the feedback. We'll be shooting episode 2 (plus the remaining flashbacks for ep. 1) this Saturday.

Oh...you really didn't shoot the flashbacks? You put up the first episode without them? Why? I thought the flashback cards were a joke...which work fine for me for the most part, and although I do like the idea of them really being there, I don't at all like the idea of releasing a show before they are done...in the immortal words of G & R...'Have a little patience now...'

Regardless...what's done is done. Either way I liked it. Where are you guys shooting?

Oh...you really didn't shoot the flashbacks? You put up the first episode without them? Why? I thought the flashback cards were a joke...which work fine for me for the most part, and although I do like the idea of them really being there, I don't at all like the idea of releasing a show before they are done...in the immortal words of G & R...'Have a little patience now...'

Basically, the flashbacks weren't imperative for the episode to succeed. I wanted to put the episode out there to get a sense of what's working and what's not so I have to opportunity to fix things before we go full force into shooting the remaining episodes. I understand what you're saying, but a release of something that is nearly complete I'm okay with. Trust me... I'd never have released it before getting audio fixed and whatnot.

Where are you guys shooting?

Chicago.

Back