financing Funding for a student thesis film

Hello everyone! We are currently working on a student thesis film and it is now under development on script lab. While we are preparing for our pre prod, we would like to secure 25% of money first. On the other hand, we are having a hard time crowdfunding due to all the circumstances brought by this pandemic. Do you guys have any advice for us or any marketing strategy or crowdfunding ways to give? Thank you!

Hello chahermosa
Crowdfunding is a very difficult and time consuming way to fund a thesis student film. The main reason for that is that crowdfunding does not mean that random people give you money for your project. To be successful you must have a fanbase and people that want to see your next project. Usually thesis films don't have an existing fanbase. As well you must marketing a successful crowdfunding campaign in a smart way. That all needs a lot of time. And at the end you must please all donators which is as well something that costs you resources.
However, I have experience with crowdfunding campaigns for thesis films. I was involved in such projects from Morocco, Pakistan and UK. In case you have a good story, a great and motivated team and the budget is realistic, feel free to get in contact and I may can share some ideas.
Kind regards
Gian Keller

Hello chahermosa
Crowdfunding is a very difficult and time consuming way to fund a thesis student film. The main reason for that is that crowdfunding does not mean that random people give you money for your project. To be successful you must have a fanbase and people that want to see your next project. Usually thesis films don't have an existing fanbase. As well you must marketing a successful crowdfunding campaign in a smart way. That all needs a lot of time. And at the end you must please all donators which is as well something that costs you resources.
However, I have experience with crowdfunding campaigns for thesis films. I was involved in such projects from Morocco, Pakistan and UK. In case you have a good story, a great and motivated team and the budget is realistic, feel free to get in contact and I may can share some ideas.
Kind regards
Gian Keller
Wow! Thank you Mr. Gian Keller! The story really has a potential and we're glad that you are willing to help us. With that, how can we contact you regarding this matter?

Last edited:
Back