• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Frustrating concept! with a test trailer

I came up with this idea and banged out a trailer to see how it hit me, and to be honest it hit me hard.

Now that I have the basic concept laid out I have run into the wall of how to make this idea become a film.

I'd be very interested in input from this group, I don't mean to be secretive about the content but I would like for the idea to just hit you between the eyes.

It's only a minute ten, so please take a look.

Let's just say it's 9/11 related

Input, suggestions, collaborations are all encouraged! :)

Thanks,
Neil

Last edited:
I have to admit, I'm getting obsessed with this idea now.
I put together a second trailer and I get a little catch in my stomach every time it plays.

Maybe I'm just casting flowers on myself, but I think it's worth a look

9-11-41 Trailer Number 2

Neil

Last edited:
first reaction: What???? confused but interested to learn more
second reaction: I wonder why the filmmaker wants to explore this concept.
Good luck if you move forward!

Mainly I want to show what the response would have been like in the 1940s, and how much different the time was, how the "War Effort" got such praise from all quarters but to use something so out of the ordinary (9-11) to do it.

I think it could be an interesting look at the psychology of the nation as seen from that time.

I'm trying right now to narrow down the story, whether I want to make it an all out "Tora, Tora, Tora" kind of thing, or just focus on some individual characters and how they deal with the events, actually the latter is more likely because of the prospect of budget, meaning I have none!!;)

However, I don't want no-budget to get in the way of the concept. I'm just hashing it out a little at the time and surprisingly am finding some historical references to back up the "events"

Neil

I took it down while I'm working on the idea.
It got shoved to the back burner while the Capt Video thing has been going on.
But it will be back, I think I will approach it in mock documentary style

The way I've been working on it is to create an alternate history line starting with Sept 11 1941.
Interestingly enough there's some historic parallels that work pretty well. There was a mufti, Haj Amin al-Husseini, that wasn't at all thrilled with the US and met with Hitler on more than one occasion.
Obviously no plan was ever hatched to attack the US with American planes, but the "could have been" is at least historically there.

Please don't think that I'm trying to paint Islam as something bad, I want to make the events that didn't occur in 1941 be as close as possible to the ones 60 years later.

What's been interesting in researching this, is how WWII might have played out had the US gone to war in the middle east in the 40s instead of responding to the attack at Pearl Harbor by Japan.

As the project has come together, it's been more of a "looking back on that fateful day and the events that followed" in the form of a documentary that is the direction I'm going with it.

With any luck I'll have quite a bit of it in the can before the end of the year.

It's the same problem a lot of the folks here have I am sure; so many projects, so little time!!

Neil

Back