friends indie film site

I've seen some pretty 'vanilla' sites before.. but damn, that one is really plain. Can't even really call it a site either, consisting of only 2 pages. :)

I know what you mean, I thought my company website was minimalistic, but this is even more basic. I like the logo though.

I guess I can't really say too much though.. I never bothered to finish my website(s)... speaking of which, I've got one to finish up for a client, perhaps I should go do that!

Walter_Smidge said:
You should see the website my mate did for our comany.... talk about flashtastic, lol....
www.provisionaustralia.com.au
Nice, but you need to cater to non-flash users, or they will just see a blank page. I suggest a splash page with "Enter Flash Site" and "Enter HTML Site". :yes:

I actually don't like Flash sites that much. They're too "flashy" for me. I don't mind a little flash action, but having every thing be driven by flash is over the top in my opinion.

With that said, I like sites a little more complicated than the first site.

Poke

indietalk said:
Nice, but you need to cater to non-flash users, or they will just see a blank page. I suggest a splash page with "Enter Flash Site" and "Enter HTML Site". :yes:

yeah the site also has a non flash version.... not on the main page but in the busness end of the site where it says (enter site).... but you do make a point... we need one on the main title page too... hmmm some reworking is in need.....oops sorry i am blowing my own trumpet here..... back to the other site at hand....

-Walt

Could just do a script to detect flash and if it's not detected then spit 'em into the html site. :) I believe such a thing exists, I swear I've seen it done before.

Back