• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch French commercial

I think the coloring is a bit weird in a few shots. Otherwise, I the footage looks nice.

Mainly, I think you should REALLY up the pace in the editing. This moves along at a snail's pace. I think it's 3-4 times as long as it needs to be. It's not that you have too much footage, but that you linger too long before making a cut. Make it zippy! Make it feel more liveLY!

There's too many "just people" shots. A couple which just seem weird (for a tourism commercial):

Starting at 0:04 closeup of dude's bum, which pulls back to reveal more people at waist height. A quick closeup shot of some cherry tomatoes, then back to wandering through an open market... with the camera back down at waist height, like you're trying to shoot without being seen. It's a good pov for a large dog, but potential tourists want to see more of what the stalls are selling, and the excitement of it all. So show it!

At 0:28, we transition out of the word "lively" into one heck of a dull shot. People sitting on the grass at a park. I have a park I can do nothing in, right next to my house. Why would I want spend a lot of money to travel to Lyon to sit on some grass, when I can do it for free right here? :hmm:

Actually, the first 50 seconds I'd consider cutting or re-shooting. It's almost a minute in, and I haven't seen one single thing that I cannot find locally. Nothing that says to me, you must come to Lyon to see this!

Picks up quite well past that. Businessman, sure. I dunno what kind of business opportunities are there, but the locations are starting to get interesting. Fashion-girl. Good. Starting to see the quaint & quirky side of Lyon. Nice. Artist-dude. Probably best part of the vid, tbh. Dug that. Wish you'd been able to have that printed on the t-shirt, instead of a sticker, but oh well. Pretty clever, regardless. Final timelapse & light-painting was quite well done, too.

Interesting use of those LY word graphics. Btw, the word extremLY should be extremeLY . No biggie.

Overall, I think it needs more elements that are specific to Lyon in general. What does the city look like, what's being sold, theater fronts, historical sites, famous landmarks, annual traditions, etc.

...and to be a bit snappier, per CF. Yup.

So what's this for? :)

Back