• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Free tips and advice on screenwriting

Hello All,

I thought that this free ebook maybe of interest to you especially if you are just starting out in the business.

The free ebook is written by Glynn Turner from the UK who worked in tv and movie production and is now trying to make it in Hollywood.

In his own words:

Now, I’d like to be totally upfront and mention that I’m not pretending to be Quentin Tarantino or James Cameron here. So far, I’ve not sold a single word, but I certainly intend to. And so far, through my Time in Hollywood, I’ve read thousands of scripts through working for various producers, and I’ve certainly learned what studios and production companies look for when they’re searching for movie projects.

I have, “optioned”, a few scripts, which means a Producer has paid me a sum of money to hold onto the legal rights of the script that I wrote, for a certain amount of time. And in that time period, he’ll try and set up the movie. If that time period expires and he hasn’t managed to set up the movie for production, that
means I get the rights back and can put my script back on the market for other companies and producers.

I’ve also started writing and directing short films, and the knowledge that I’ve learned from writing screenplays has greatly helped me in directing my actors and giving them interesting dialog to say. But directing is a different machine to writing and that’s another story.

This eBook is free, and my sole intention is to pass on the tips and tricks that I’ve learned about screenwriting over the last ten years, and to really help bridge the gap for the absolute beginner, something that would’ve helped me out when I first started in the business.

As you can see this is not overhyped with promises of becoming famous, it just helps give advice and guidance on some of the aspects of screenwriting a movie such as correct formatting, story lines, characters and the all important first draft!

I hope you find this of use, if not then apologies for wasting your time.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Hello Moderators, Im new and have realised I have put this in the wrong forum, would you please move this to the 'Promotions' section.

My mistake, just thought it could be useful to newbies hence why I started the thread in this section.

Thought I would ammend this before I am shot down in flames :)

Thanks.

Back