• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

FPS Problem... Accidently filmed in 50fps.

Hey,

Did alot of filming this weekend for a file that i am doing. Stupidly i did not check the settings of my camera before i started to film (i know i know, very bad mistake) and i have now filmed in 50 fps when i was ment to film at 25fps.

In adobe premier i can put it as 25fps but it seems abit jolty, or so it seems. Is there any way i can solve this?

In adobe premier i can put it as 25fps

When you say "put it in", do you mean you are using the "Interpret footage as" function to change the fps? Or just placing the video as is onto the timeline?

If your Adobe package includes Media Encoder, you can use that to convert the footage in advance of importing to premiere, too.

Was it actually50 frames per second of 50i (Interlaced Fields)?

What camera was it?

You can, as Zensteve mentioned, in Adobe Premiere "Interpret Footage" and make it 23.976 frames per second progressive and it will be treated as such on the timeline, although that is slowing it down slightly.

It's a fairly simple process to drop half the frames - but no matter how you do that it's likely you'll have some choppiness, not from the conversion but from the shutter speed. Generally at twice the frame rate you'll also be shooting at a higher shutter speed - 1/100 typically for 50p. Higher shutter speeds always produce less motion blur making motion look choppy.

Back