Fostex battery issue...

The battery decided to give up the ghost the morning of a shoot on my FR2-le. Had a DR-100 as a spare but I think the director won't kill me as he chose the worst sound environment in the universe.

In the middle of London, there were planes going overhead, screaming kids playing football, a very loud busker, dogs fighting / mating and bizarrely, a woodpecker who was in full-on nest building mode. This was my first ever woodpecker and they make a lot of noise!

Anyhow, the battery is connected to the Fostex with a couple of wires so will need to cut it open and replace. Probably the job of someone who actually knows what they're doing. Maybe? I don't know and am open to suggestions.

So, who on earth sorts this stuff out? Does Fostex do replacement batteries? Should I just bite the bullet and buy another one of these fantastic little machines?

It's called a Tamiya case; it holds four (4) AA batteries. If you read the manual it tells you exactly how to change the batteries.

BTW, the Tamiya case is a cool idea. Batteries low? Take out one Tamiya case and put in a fresh one. Saves time when on set - you're not chasing loose batteries.....

Back