• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch FlyCam Test

Here's some footage I shot using my new stabilizer (used Adobe's warp stabilizer to smooth out the rough spots).
I shot in full HD, but for some reason it didn't upload in the same resolution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M8E8Ucd7MA&feature=youtu.be

Slightly out of focus, but I'm getting better with using it :)

Tell me what you think!

Last edited:
It's not a particularly good test. You only walk for a short period of time, the points where you use warp stabilizer are quite obvious (and also don't help show how good/bad the stabilizer is itself). The footage is ok itself, but as an actual test it's not that useful.

If you want to do a good test video, the stuff I'd be interested in if I was looking at buying a flycam is:
-Longer walking shots
-More walking shots
-Different terrains (e.g. walking on a footpath, as opposed to going up stairs)
-Different movements and speeds (e.g. moving up and down, rotating, running)
-The best results you can get from it (e.g. using the flycam with and without warp stabilizer, maybe having someone push you on a roller chair/wheelchair)

It's not a particularly good test. You only walk for a short period of time, the points where you use warp stabilizer are quite obvious (and also don't help show how good/bad the stabilizer is itself). The footage is ok itself, but as an actual test it's not that useful.

If you want to do a good test video, the stuff I'd be interested in if I was looking at buying a flycam is:
-Longer walking shots
-More walking shots
-Different terrains (e.g. walking on a footpath, as opposed to going up stairs)
-Different movements and speeds (e.g. moving up and down, rotating, running)
-The best results you can get from it (e.g. using the flycam with and without warp stabilizer, maybe having someone push you on a roller chair/wheelchair)

Thanks for the reply. I'll probably test different types of shots soon.

I agree with cheeseandachallenge.

Also being able to use a stabilizer well often requires a lot of practice.

The pros spend years mastering the art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHsf5kw6saQ

Last edited:
Back