Flooding

My laptop is now unusable due to flooding in my bedroom. Harrisburg PA is flooded badly and I lost some possessions. I will be MIA longer than originally thought. I hope I can be around on my iPod and phone as much as possible

I feel for you; my studio incurred over $75,000 in damages in a flood in '07, not to mention lots of personal stuff (almost 800 books, over 1,000 vinyl records, memorabilia from my touring days as a musician - tapes, videos, pictures and the like) .

At least I had a heads up with Hurricane Irene, I was able to empty the studio. No flooding at all this time, fortunately, but the water came very, very close. Right now, two weeks later, I'm still reinstalling the equipment. I do have to admit I took the opportunity to make a few changes and give it a very thorough cleaning.

I know that you don't want to hear it right now, but you should take the opportunity to put together an equipment as well as personal evacuation plan for future events. My studio is now structured for quick disconnect - small racks, etc., and most everything is up very high. I was pretty good about back-ups previous to the flood in '07, but now I'm an absolute fanatic about it

Any flood insurance?

my studio incurred over $75,000 in damages in a flood in '07, not to mention lots of personal stuff (almost 800 books, over 1,000 vinyl records, memorabilia from my touring days as a musician - tapes, videos, pictures and the like) .
Any flood insurance?

I feel great I live in Bulgaria, we never had any female-named-hurricanes in this lovely land :)

Back