Flash Graphics and Hard Drives

I don't know diddley about Flash graphics, however, my brother is trying to start a business doing it.

My question is: Does Flash need the kind of external hard drive space that we would need for editing?

It's Christmas and I want to get him something he could use in this respect. Ain't I a good sister?:lol:

Any input will be appreciated!

-- spinner :cool:

Flash movies are designed to be file-size efficient, thus getting more animation into a smaller file size. If done right, the Flash files and resources should not come anywhere near storage space we need to work with movies.

That being said -- you can NEVER go wrong with more hard drive space! Sounds like a wonderful idea to me!

I'm in the process of teaching myself Flash (specifically building Flash websites) so that I can improve upon my own company's website. I tell you, so far, building a website with Flash is so much simpler than building it with Dreamweaver, Frontpage, etc. You have more control, and as John said above, Flash files are designed to be smaller. You can always send me the extra Hard drive, I'll use it..... :)

It's Christmas and I want to get him something he could use in this respect. Ain't I a good sister?:lol:

Any input will be appreciated!

-- spinner :cool:

Actually, if you wanted to get him something for his Flash business, get him the Flash 8 tutorial from Total Training.com. I'm sure he would greatly appreciate that over a hard drive. Total Training have really great tutorials, they are just a little pricey, but well worth it.

Back