Fiscal Sponsors for Narrative Features.

I've started researching fiscal sponsors for a feature length narrative fiction film I'm making. For those of you who have already been down this path: which fiscal sponsors would you recommend?

Also, what characteristics should I look for in a fiscal sponsor? And what signs should I take as a warning to stay away? If there are any related reference books or sites you think I should see, please tell me.

Thanks.

I recommend From The Heart Productions, Carole Dean is a great woman and very helpful to indies looking to get fiscal sponsorship.

When I was in high school she gave me fiscal sponsorship (you only need one, no point in having multiple) for my short documentary "Why Teach?". She provided her knowledge of crowdfunding, talking to companies for equipment, and a lot more.

Unlike other fiscal sponsors, FTH Productions also gives tax deductive to people who donate equipment packages to productions. I was given a camera package for three weeks, which was pretty cool.

I just looked up their site... and it seems they've become much bigger since I was in high school though... they now charge a 60some dollar fee with their fiscal sponsorship application, which is understandable.

-------------------

so again, I recommend them http://fromtheheartproductions.com/

-------------------

Uhhhh I don't know what you should look out for when looking for a fiscal sponsor.... It's a pretty straightforward deal. I guess the only thing to really make sure, is that they really are government approved to give you the sponsorship.

I can guarantee From The Heart Productions is, as I still have a tax number to give deductions with, as well you can look at a bunch of fiscal sponsors on IndieGoGo which is the only crowdfunding site to have a large focus on tax deductive pledges.

Back