First impressions from this movie poster?

I made this mockup poster for my short film and I'm looking for reactions!

How does it make you feel?
What kind of film might this be?
What might the story be about?
Suggestions for improvements?

Thanks!

PETRO%20POSTER.png

My first thought is that I was genuinely surprised by the quality of the design. I like the color palette and I believe that you are being thoughtful in your marketing.

I feel a bit confused. There is obviously good and bad confusion, and this is good. I really don't get a handle on a genre, which may be intentional. Warm colors make me assume drama and with what appears to be a young boy, I assume coming of age story.

The angle is interesting and leads me to believe coming of age even more. Its not just him going down a decline, but the text, everything being on a dutch angle makes me think uneasiness.

I assume you are Josh Beck.

My first thought is that I was genuinely surprised by the quality of the design. I like the color palette and I believe that you are being thoughtful in your marketing.

I feel a bit confused. There is obviously good and bad confusion, and this is good. I really don't get a handle on a genre, which may be intentional. Warm colors make me assume drama and with what appears to be a young boy, I assume coming of age story.

The angle is interesting and leads me to believe coming of age even more. Its not just him going down a decline, but the text, everything being on a dutch angle makes me think uneasiness.

I assume you are Josh Beck.

Uhhh at Full Sail we have hundreds of Final Project posters hanging the walls full of either horrible clipart, horribly drawn cartoon characters, and downright bad design.

This poster I'd say is better than about 95% of them. It's the kind of great minimalistic poster that a quality indie short should have. Just viewing this poster I'd think you put thought and effort into your project and not just threw something together.

it looks aggressively indie. Not a bad thing, could potentially use one other color in there to balance it out. but i'm not even convinced I'm right about that... good design though. it definitely has personality.

Back