first film

ok so im a junior in high school and im working on my very first film im super exicted but also frustrated i keep writting the script and am most of the time dissatisfied by it also im comtemplating the need of a shot list any advice on that would be helpful i have nobody really helping me so i assume the responsibillty of director editor writer and act in small parts and im overwhelmed plus if i ask my actor to do a scene diffrenlty we argue and he says its fine leave it as it is and i dont know what to do any help i would appreciate greatly

chevy daniels

Hi! we have something in common, we're both juniors in high school! You're probably dissatisfied with your script because you think it has to be perfect. I don't think an artist is ever satisfied with their work, their always looking for improvement and that's a beautiful thing, but just revise your script one more time and leave it alone so you can progress. When dealing with the actor, you should both sit down and think of a way to compromise, but if you are decided that you want to do a scene a certain way then do it that way.

-erika

The first thing you can do is to learn how to use Capital Letters and Punctuation. Clarity in your communications is paramount; writing clearly and concisely is step one.

And always remember "Sound is half of the experience."

Welcome to the shits of filmmaking!

Here's my advice to you-tell your actor to do what he's told otherwise you'll find another person to replace him. An actor is there for you, not the other way around. If you want to shoot the shot again, than he should comply. If not, you've got craigslist.org to help you find a new actor. Or put up some flyers at your local library. There's always talent out there willing to act in a film.

Remember, you're the DIRECTOR. This is YOUR project, not his. If he's not complying, then he's detrimental to the film.

ALSO you're script is fine. You should stop re-editing and just shoot. That way you can get something under your wing rather than nothing and abandoning the project.

Back