• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch First Feature

First impressions:

1. You like wide shots. Nothing wrong with that; nice scenery. But you might want to vary your shot selection a little for purposes of the trailer.

2. This movie is evidently about various people getting shot, mugged, beat up, hit with a shovel and thrown into a ditch. Did I leave anything out? That's pretty much all I took away from this trailer. Is there a story, characters, anything more to it? Viewers will want to know that before they buy your movie.

Thanks for the input, as I said these guys put this together on there own with some supervision. I agree the shot selection could have been better. It actualy is a pretty good story line. I got involved with the project and shot the aerial footage for them. All things aside I felt they got the job done and will grow as they go.

My Comments on the Trailer:

1. Title screen is a bit quick, I almost didn't see the name of the movie.
  2. No mention of plot or people saying things so beyond what looks like random muggings and a police helicopter I don't know anything about the movie.
  3. Ending is kind of abrupt, you should fade out the music.
  4. "Now Available on DVD" ---> WHERE?

Also fill in your info box about the movie (right of the player box), where to get it, how long, a bit of info on the plot, main character, why I should buy this movie, if the trailer is interesting this is where I would look, or on whatever website is listed at the end of the movie.

It actualy is a pretty good story line.

I'm not saying it isn't, but that isn't evident from the trailer. Show me, don't tell me!

All things aside I felt they got the job done and will grow as they go.

I have no doubt of that, but the trailer is supposed to entice the viewer into wanting to sit through the whole movie. All this trailer communicates (to me) is seemingly random violence and a helicopter. I can go anywhere for that. ;) Show me why I need to see the rest of it.

Not trying to cast aspersions on the filmmakers here -- they may well be geniuses for all I know. I assumed you were looking for feedback on the trailer; apologies if I was mistaken.

No offence taken, input is what makes everone better, we all start somewhere and without input we never grow. I was just saying I let these guys take the rains and figured they could learn by doing, input from fellow film makers is very valuable to them

Back