• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Finger Warfare - action short

If you got an "A" on the assignment, then more power to ya. But if you're truly interested in filmmaking, let me give you some perspective --

For a 7 minute-long action scene, I shot for 20 hours, and that was shooting at a really fast pace. Most people would want a lot longer than that. I'd say 40 hours would've been much better.

In post, I typically spend between 1.5-2 hours editing 1 minute of finished film. And that's without any compositing, or audio editing, or anything -- just rough video 1st cut. And here's the crazy thing -- I'm fast.

My point -- what you've done is fun, and I'm sure you had a blast making it, but if you really want to be a filmmaker, slow the F down.

Not bad at all :) I liked some of your shots.

A few gripes: The first several seconds were unnecessarily shaky and a bit off putting, especially since there wasn't a subject in the shot. Also, it could've been edited a little finer, a few bits were a little too long.

The VFX was pretty good, (more than i can do anyway), but you were a little heavy handed on the color correction. ;)

Oh, and I believe you need to get permission to use that music. Overall good effort.

If you got an "A" on the assignment, then more power to ya. But if you're truly interested in filmmaking, let me give you some perspective --

For a 7 minute-long action scene, I shot for 20 hours, and that was shooting at a really fast pace. Most people would want a lot longer than that. I'd say 40 hours would've been much better.

In post, I typically spend between 1.5-2 hours editing 1 minute of finished film. And that's without any compositing, or audio editing, or anything -- just rough video 1st cut. And here's the crazy thing -- I'm fast.

My point -- what you've done is fun, and I'm sure you had a blast making it, but if you really want to be a filmmaker, slow the F down.

Yeah man, I understand what you mean. We were on a tight schedule and didn't really have much time to film, but I like the outcome. For our first episode of this series we made called "the Rebellion", we spent over 2 months filming it and probably just as long getting everything together to edit it. In the end,it was 8 minutes long and it was ok. In some people's eyes, it wasn't that great. Believe me, I know filming should be time consuming, just there were deadlines to meet and stuff.

Back