Final Cut Training

I have been looking into Final Cut training. Most places in Atlanta charge between $895 and $1200 for a 2 day class. A lot of the classes seem pretty basic.

If anyone has used the program, is it better to just learn from tutorial websites and edit simple footage on your own to get to know the program or are these classes really worthwhile?

The great thing about Final Cut is how user friendly it is. This is what I use in not only my personal life but at work as well. We are completely Mac based and don't really have very many issues. I am sure those classes are good with teaching basics and possibly some trouble shooting problems so they might be worth going to. However, I know that when I wanted to learn about the program I simply just sat down and started working with it.

I would say if you can afford to take the class then go ahead. Like Knightly said, if you can get some certifications from the classes that would be great. But go ahead and try some things on your own. I am willing to bet you will surprise yourself. Also there are tons of free tutorials all over the internet that can show you how to do some fun and fancy tricks along with some basic stuff. Good luck and have some fun. If you have any other questions let me know.

Here's my "New Editing Software" learning regimen - Learn to
1. import/capture footage
2. Set In/Out points on a clip
3. Add a clip to the timeline
4. Add a crossfade to the clips on the timeline
5. Output to a usable file

This is 95% of the stuff you'll be doing in your editor. If you can do those things, the rest you can learn on the fly as you need them by asking places like this.

Back