Final Cut Express Compatibility

I'm going to be buying a new iMac sometime around Christmas (or next January), and I want to have Final Cut Express 4 pre-installed onto the system. My question is, is Final Cut Express fully compatible with Snow Leopard, or are there some issues running it?

Also, does anybody think I should save up an extra $1,000 and just buy Final Cut Studio? I do want to make video editing my career in the future, and I'd like to get familiar with the software of the trade. Right now, I think just using Final Cut Express will be good enough. I just wonder what you all think.

Thanks to all who respond!

-Yodaman

Heh, good to know. :)

For the other question:

If you intend to make editing your career, then you'd be needing to upgrade from Express at some point anyway. Meanwhile, make the most of that Express. Better to find out whether you actually like editing that much, before plonkin' down the actual bucks for fancier software packages.

Indeed, that is very true.

I'd love to make video editing my career (I've been experimenting with it for about four years now), so I'm not sure what I'll do when it comes to purchasing software. Eh, maybe I'll just stick with Windows and go with Sony Vegas Pro.

Back