• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

FilmDemic screens its first feature in Minneapolis May 6th

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
FilmDemic
10100 Santa Monica Blvd
Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90067
310-405-6181
www.FilmDemic.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jog-VOO058c&feature=channel_video_title

FilmDemic slates its first theatrical release, “I’m Not Jesus Mommy” for a unconventional Minneapolis launch May 6th.

FilmDemic announced the selection of its first theatrical release title, “I’m Not Jesus Mommy” created and directed by Vaughn Juares in the early weeks of 2011 and now a theatrical release slate is being unveiled. “I’m Not Jesus Mommy” has been called, “Rosemary’s Baby for the cloning generation…” and is an unpredictable blend of drama and suspense. The film tackles controversial and socially fueled topics including human cloning, immigration abuse and the perversion of the world’s religions in a brash and intense vision of our planet’s last days.
The film centers around a human cloning project which takes a turn for the worse with only one cloned pregnancy making it to term, a boy named David.

Seven years after David's birth, wars, famine and natural disasters of every kind plague the Earth. As Kimberly struggles to survive her biggest challenge is raising her son. Strange occurrences surrounding the young boy are only becoming worse and more mysterious.

Roger, the head researcher of the cloning project returns to reveal that David was cloned from DNA taken from the Shroud of Turin...from blood of Christ. Has cloning made it possible to bring Christ back?

“I’m Not Jesus Mommy” has been compared to “Jurassic Park” meets “The Seventh Sign...” says the film’s producer, Bridget McGrath.

“We are pleased to announce that ‘I’m Not Jesus Mommy’ will be slated for a 5 city release following major film festival events including this year’s Minneapolis-St Paul International Film Festival with our first week of release to begin May 6th, 2011 in Minneapolis,” stated Vaughn Juares, director and writer of the film, and partner in FilmDemic, the “fair trade” independent film distributor taking on the marketing and servicing of the film’s theatrical exhibition.

Currently FilmDemic is in talks with the Minneapolis-St Paul International Film Festival (MSPFF) about sponsoring the event as a launching pad for the film’s release which begins only days after the festival’s conclusion, “We are very optimistic that we can come to a deal and be a headline sponsor of portions of the MSPFF and work with them to connect to their loyal indie film-going audience,” Juares said of the potential sponsorship, “Minneapolis is an ideal place to kick this film off in to the world and we’re excited of the possibilities the MSPFF provides us in terms of eyeballs and great timing,” Juares stated.

A complete theatrical release schedule for “I’m Not Jesus Mommy” is expected to be unveiled by the end of March, 2011.

Vaughn Juares – Director, Writer, DP
Vaughn began his career as an editor of independent feature films and his resume includes internationally distributed titles such as “Winding Roads” with Rachel Hunter, James Masters and Michael Weatherely and Minnesota-made films including “Emerald City Limits” (aka “Homo Heights”).

As a producer Vaughn has also amassed a resume of festival favorites including award-winning shorts “Honest Injun,” (Winner: Showtime Latino Film Showcase) and “The Lonelys,” (Winner: San Francisco Film Festival’s Golden Spire for best short among others). Vaughn’s work on “Honest Injun” earned him the opportunity to produce the film “Monsters” for Showtime Networks. In 2001 he produced and edited the feature film, “Ronnie” a.k.a., “The Killer Next Door,” distributed by First Look Pictures which enjoyed worldwide distribution. “Ronnie” premiered at the 2002 Slamdance Film Festival where it received the nomination for the Grand Jury Prize.

Vaughn’s credits as a director are varied and dynamic. From animated comedy shorts such as “The Tipparinos” (Winner: 2006 Sam Adams Fall Shootout) to the gritty realism of his 9/11 short film, “Stairwell C” (Winner 2006 48 Hour Film Project: Best Director, Best Editing, Best Film and a screening at the Festival de Cannes 2007).

Title (USA): “I’m Not Jesus Mommy”
Web: www.ImNotJesusMommy.com
Running Time: 86 Minutes

Production Company: Fortaleza Filmworks, Inc.

Theatrical Distributor: FilmDemic (www.FilmDemic.com)
Director, Editor & Cinematographer: Vaughn Juares

Producer: Bridget McGrath

Written by: Vaughn Juares & Joseph Schneider

Production Design by: Michael Nissen

Music by: Karl Preusser
Sound Design by: Matt Suomela and Michael Farnan

Back