Film Schools?

I really want to go to a film school, even tho I understand the fact that a film degree does little to nothing in the real world. But I could use all the education, and experience I can get. But the biggest problem I have is how expensive it is or how hard it is to get in. I have a 2.5 GPA and getting into a good filmschool with that is like parting the red sea. I wanted to go to an Art Institute, but it is very expensive. I want to go out of state and mainly to a city. Since I recently moved to more rural area, I highly dislike the country. Does anyone know what the best film-schools are that I can get into with my kind of GPA and is not as expensive as the Art Institute?

Well, I am not a fan of community college. Especially the one around here. To me its high school after high school.
With a 2.5 GPA, odds are good that you don't have much choice.

Get an AA at your local college and transfer to the in-state college with the best film school. That's likely your cheapest, best option, if you're deadset on getting a film degree. I'm sort of in your situation, in that I have a mediocre GPA and very little funds, and I'm opting to forego the school route altogether and learn the tried and true way of trial and error.

Where are you at in NC? I went to high school in Elizabeth City and College in Winston-Salem. I plan on going to LA Film School in Los Angeles when I get out of the military. You need to find the schools within your budget and email admissions and see what your GPA needs to be. And you don't need film school. Go out and get a cheap DSLR and start making shorts with your friends. Find other filmmakers in your area and see if you can help with their projects. There's opportunities everywhere.

Back