Film Internships during undergrad?

Hi,

It's that time when I start applying to colleges. I'm already set on doing film as a graduate student rather than an undergraduate. The problem is, is that I want to go to UCLA in some other major, because it's a good place to live, inexpensive, and a good school. I want to be in LA because I want to apply for film internships while I'm studying as an undergrad.
In the case that I don't go to an LA school...say, BU or someone in the east coast, would I be able to find any film internships there? That's really important to me.

Thanks!

When I think of LA, I don't think of "good place to live" or "inexpensive." You know UCLA has a film production minor. That might be of interest to you.

I'm sure you could be involved with film anywhere. Even if you're not in LA, you could probably work on some sets in Boston or wherever. Note, I have no experience and can't guarantee anything.

There are a few private schools in LA where a few of my friends go that guarantee internships, but they are both film focused schools. The New York Film Academy is on the Universal Studios lot and Columbia College is a few miles outside of Studio City.

Back