Film festivals

I was wondering what other festivals/competitions/contests would be available for myself, a young film maker. I have done a bit of research and I have already come across the Austin young filmmaker competition/festival. Anyone know of any others? There's obviously a ton of festivals, but I want something more "my size" to start with.

Thanks

I was wondering what other festivals/competitions/contests would be available for myself, a young film maker. I have done a bit of research and I have already come across the Austin young filmmaker competition/festival. Anyone know of any others? There's obviously a ton of festivals, but I want something more "my size" to start with.

Thanks

I think it's best to search for festivals that are within driving distance. If you're not attending them, I don't really see the point. Well, that's not entirely true; I actually sent my film to a fest that is literally on the other side of the world, simply so that some of my friends there could watch it. Otherwise, I think you should submit to fests that you plan to attend, should you get in.

As mentioned above, withoutabox is best for searching/submitting.

Good luck, and have fun! :)

Back