Film, DV, HD, other...

What do you shoot and why?

• I shoot film!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I shoot DV, because I like the look of DV.

• I shoot DV, because I can't afford film.

• I shoot DV because I am more interested with story and expediency than image.

• I can afford film, but prefer the look of HD.

• Film, hahaha, HD will soon take over the world. Why shoot with a dinosaur.

• I am tired of this debate.

• Total voters
Right now, I shoot on DV because I can't afford anything else, but I would have to say that in ten years I believe that HD will be take over film as the media most movies are shot on. It's inexspensive and it's getting bgetter day by day. With filmmakers like Rodriguez going straight digital and getting good results, it will create a wave of studios realizing that they can crank out more movies cheaper.

Is that a good thing? Probably not, but it helps us amatuers have a greater chance at catching a studios eye.

Poke

I shoot dv because it is a viable medium. The same to for painting, I use water color, acrilic or oils because they are all viable. It all matters what I feel the film wants!!!

Film the happy trees!!! trees are always happy!

I too shoot MiniDV because it is a viable medium. I have a DVX100, and when shot right it can easily pass for 16mm (seriously) I also love HD, and actrually prefer shooting it OVER 35mm.

I recently had a short film that I wrote and directed on MiniDV get optioned into a geature that I shot on HD. (see trailer http://www.zomp.nl/film/data/detail.php?id=24 ) Both viable for different reasons, and different projects. My two cents.
R. Michael
www.tizzyentertainment.8m.com

Back