• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

FILM CHALLENGE 1364

FILM CHALLENGE 1364 MEETUP. 3/15/12 6:30pm Whole Foods Market 2nd Floor Dining Area. 95 East Houston Street the corner of Second Ave. NYC. We are meeting in the back of the 2nd floor dining area. There are a series of large steps near the back entrance where the restrooms/elevator that's where we'll be. Also look for a sign at one of the tables. This is taken from a famous quote 'The best Competition you have is YOU "Above all, challenge yourself. You may well surprise yourself at what strengths you have, what you can accomplish. You have powers you never dreamed of. You can do things you never thought you could do. There are no limitations in what you can do except the limitations of your own mind." You have heard about the 48 HOUR FILM CHALLENGE well this stepping up the game to THE 1364 CHALLENGE. Create a feature in 2 months IMPOSSIBLE? Not really a group called JNPT FILMS did it in a weekend. So anything is possible. Why it's called 1364 is because there are 682 hours in 1 month so times that equals 1364.! Whatever your talents are bring it. In terms of genre of course we want to try and market this so either action, horror, thriller. I have a couple of ideas and such but wanting to hear from you so. We plan to go over selected scripts and pick one that will be our project. I am looking for solid micro/no budget scripts in either in the action/science fiction, thriller, horror genres. that feature strong female characters (heroines realistic,) some good examples, HAYWIRE , HANNA, UNDERWORLD, COLUMBIANA , KILL BILL BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER and ,the WB's NIKKITA and the USA show COVERT AFFAIRS. To show heroines who fight for a purpose and reason. Not just kicking tail and looking cute. That's why so many female action films flop. I am looking to redefine the genre by showing how to do it the way it should be done. We are looking for solid story and characters. In other words this is a chic flick with attitude. A solid drama; but with a vengeance. I have 2 ideas I will purpose and will down load them to file section on this site shortly. But if anyone has ideas please submit them to this site in the files section of this group. This is a good opportunity for screenwriters to have their works actually produced. I am hoping by the next meet up we will have selected 2 or 3 scripts. We would read them already. We would be discussing the pros and cons of doing each one. Take a vote and of the meeting have selected a script. That's why I am allowing ample time for this. We will also discuss other venues of proceeding with the project; but the main majority of this meet up is selecting a good script. That's the most important part of the whole film making process. If anyone has some suggestions as to planning this meet up please let me know. We want this meet up to be the most successful yet so once a script is selected it's green light all the way. This will be a very detailed thought filled event so please bring your ideas, your questions. Get involved. The goal to begin this project is estimated to begin in April/May 2012. Our goal is to do a film and submit on the new Amazon Studios site in hopes that the film will get selected to get funded for a larger budget production. Also there are other promotional and distributional opportunities as well. But all this will be discussed so don't miss out! E-mail cobrahawkster@gmail.com for more info to to RSVP.

Last edited:
Back