• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Festivus FF (Year 4) standard deadline coming up

FESTIVUS FILM FESTIVAL
Denver, Colorado - USA
January 13 to 16, 2011

FESTIVUS FILM FEST, a self-proclaimed rebel on the circuit, paying tribute to truly indie filmmakers. In just under 3 years, Festivus has risen to become the largest indie film festival in Denver.

One of the circuit's hottest young festivals, the 4th Annual FESTIVUS FILM FESTIVAL (FFF) features sold-out screenings, legendary nightlife, and a dynamic lineup of the circuit's most "awesomely badass, truly independent film." Taking place in the famous Mile High city, Festivus provides an amazing four-day entertainment experience in Denver for filmmakers and audiences alike.

Paying tribute to indie filmmakers who overcome obstacles to create superbly independent works, Festivus is a festival for the truly independent filmmaker. A self-proclaimed "rebel of a film festival," Festivus abandons red carpets and celebrity attendances and overlooks publicists, budgets, and previous awards to program its official selections based on their merits alone.

Filmmakers are treated like rock stars, receiving all-access passes to screenings, legendary parties, and exclusive filmmaker-only events. With the success of its past seasons, media involvement at Festivus has grown significantly with coverage from major Denver media outlets including The Denver Post, 5280 Magazine, 850KOA, The Onion AV Club, Westword, Channel 9 News, Fox 31 News, Channel 2 News, and many more.

UPCOMING DEADLINE
September 25, 2010 - Regular Deadline

MORE ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Awards are handed out for each submitting category, as well as additional awards for Best Editing and Best Cinematography. Winning filmmakers receive a hand-made steel, engraved chrome skull made by renowned steel artist Jeff Erwine exclusively for the Festival. Alum Ryan Fox gushes about his Festivus experience: "We couldn't be any more proud to be a part of the Festivus Family. We enjoyed everything about it!"

For the chance to be celebrated like a rock star and to join this truly indie festival family, submit your film to Festivus Film Festival today!

That's pretty cool, and thanks for sharing this with us. Obviously, it's too late to take this into consideration for this year, but you've chosen a name that is pretty well-known, and Festivus is not in January. Just sayin.

Hoochie Mama!

I'm sorry but I have to ask and see you all later if I'm penalized but it does have to do with this thread:

Does the name "Festivus" have any affiliation with Seinfeld?

I'm sorry but I have to ask and see you all later if I'm penalized but it does have to do with this thread:

Does the name "Festivus" have any affiliation with Seinfeld?

Hi ROC,

We drew our name and "inspiration" from the show, but that's where it pretty much ends. You should check out our website www.festivusfilmfestival.com for more history on the fest. We also do screener review clips, which has drawn a lot of interest from filmmakers. Our screeners sit on camera and basically review actual submissions to this year's festival. It's a way for filmmakers and fans to get a bit of a peek under the hood of our selection process. Here is a LINK to our latest one.
In addition, we post all sorts of Q&A's with past filmmakers, exclusive articles, updates from Festivus alumni, reviews by Festivus affiliated authors, and much more.

Back