Festival Coverage

We got a new section on our site for film festival coverage. Nothing big, just pics and short reviews of the movies we watch at the festivals. But hopefully after awhile we'll have enough different festivals covered that it becomes a nice section about new festival films and filmmakers, by filmmakers.

We've started with Sundance and Tromadance.

Here's the direct link:
http://www.alteregocinema.com/FESTIVALCOVERAGE.html

Mike-B
Alter Ego Cinema
www.alteregocinema.com

That was pretty interesting, about the type of films you saw at Sundance.

Do you think they were made to ride the tail of Brown Bunny & that new doc on Deepthroat? Or is that typical of Sundance to have such raw material?

Anyways... sounds like you all had a great time up there.

_______

P.S. Have a license for that sign, sonny?
smiley_fuzz.gif

Good stuff. I have heard some really polar reactions to 9 Songs. Some people absolutely love the idea and execution, others jsut flat out hate it.

And yes, Zen, I think it is all in reaction to films like Brown Bunny, but it isn't like this hasn't been going on for a while. Goat visited Ireland a few years ago and told me he saw a film that was more hardcore than any pron you could buy in these United States.

Poke

Zensteve said:
That was pretty interesting, about the type of films you saw at Sundance.

Do you think they were made to ride the tail of Brown Bunny & that new doc on Deepthroat? Or is that typical of Sundance to have such raw material?
smiley_fuzz.gif

Not sure. Sundance newbies. But lots of stuff was very sex oriented this year.

Back