• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

Felix' Summer Box

Production: Zero Landscape
Directed and Written: Martijn Rijnberg
Music: Vincent Fournier-Boisvert

“As an assignment for the parents, our daycare asked us to collect all objects that were important for our 3-year old son during the summer holiday and put them in a shoebox. These so-called summer boxes were used as an aid for the children to help them to vividly relate in the group about their experiences during the summer. I was thinking about a way to bring this box of objects alive in a film and to find a way to have the audience feel the emotions my son had during his holiday. As this idea grew, I contacted musician Vincent Fournier-Boisvert and asked if I could use his beautiful song ‘Un Mois de Bois Mort’ of the album ‘Mon Coeur est une Arme’ for this purpose. Being a side project, I have filmed this in a year or so, picking it up once in a while. It took patience creating the macro shots and seeing how the footage could be best combined with Vincents song. I loved to do the project, as I could do some of the stuff with my son, and it was always nice to see how the film slowly grew.”

Please let me know yur thoughts. Thanks a lot, Martijn

Upvote 1
It's really nice photography, and the music is excellent. I think what's missing is emotional impact, and you might in the future consider ways to marry your technical excellence with a vision that includes a more salient target response from the audience.

In short, once more, with feeling.

Last edited:
It's really nice photography, and the music is excellent. I think what's missing is emotional impact, and you might in the future consider ways to marry your technical excellence with a vision that includes a more salient target response from the audience.

In short, once more, with feeling.
Thanks a lot, Nate, to take the time to think about the film, and share your thoughts :) In my own experience, I really tried to bring the emotion to the audience. The whole proces was really technical, so maybe there is something lost. however, for me, watching yet the film again, it really brings a lot of emotion. It is however from my own experience with my son, so maybe not translated to everyone. Food for thought. Thanks!

It really is nice work, it's rare to see good macro photography, It's clear that a lot of thought and effort went into this. Congratulations on creating something really unique and artistic.

It really is nice work, it's rare to see good macro photography, It's clear that a lot of thought and effort went into this. Congratulations on creating something really unique and artistic.
Thanks a lot, Nate :) That's wonderful to hear. Great to hear your enthusiasm, and thoughts about the film!

Back