• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Feedback Request - Family Guy Spec Script

My main criticism of it would be that spec scripts should follow the format of the show they're speccing, and Family Guy always uses A-story/B-story (and C-story?) structure. Part of the challenge and the art of half-hour sitcom writing is juggling two or three stories in that limited time - the other characters get too little to do in this script.

My main criticism of it would be that spec scripts should follow the format of the show they're speccing, and Family Guy always uses A-story/B-story (and C-story?) structure. Part of the challenge and the art of half-hour sitcom writing is juggling two or three stories in that limited time - the other characters get too little to do in this script.

About half of Family Guy's episodes have one plot.

About half of Family Guy's episodes have one plot.

I can't say I've watched them all, but we generally get two or three episodes a night over here, and it's often on just in the background while I work. I can't remember a single episode where the entire episode focused on one character. Not one plot, but one character.

You're probably right, though, and I just haven't endured enough Family Guy :)

Back