• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Feedback on a short script, involves creatures and a soldier.

Firstly this is still a work in progress, a first draft. The short in its current form ends in a similar way to The Grey leaving the character's fate unknown.

Don't hold back with the feedback, good or bad I'd like to hear it. I have a thick skin so fire away :)

Attachments

• HOME.pdf
    7.5 KB · Views: 89
It's not really much of a story yet, but then it's only a draft. The final sequence was confusing and difficult to read, as there is too much reliance on the word "he", when there are two male characters in the scene. I think the description in general is a little overdone and overprecise, but I guess if you're planning to film it yourself that's not a huge issue.

When writing a slugline you should write EXT. STREET - AFTERNOON instead of EXT. STREET. AFTERNOON. Very small detail but I would think it would annoy somebody.

Maybe you should just get to the point of what's happening as I mean in the action.

Those are just two points I have for you. There's no much story or plot but it's very short so what does? Keep writing and just stick at it, you're doing good if you keep up.

Thanks amp, yeah I must have lapsed into australian screenplay format, which has a . instead of a - in between each segment of the slug-line. But thanks for pointing that out, small detail yes but that's where you can come undone if not corrected :)

I'm going to change the pace to a more action oriented one after the main character discovers the suicide letter and is discovered by the creatures. Thanks again for your feedback!

Thanks dandavis!

Back