FCP X and Motion To Be Released Next Week

It's going to be crap. Apple has given the middle finger to semi-pro and pro users, in favor of trying to capture the market of amateurs using HD cameras. The apologists are already excusing the major mess by saying that updates will fix the flaws and missing functionality; that's like going to buy a car, and having the dealer tell you not to worry about the missing wheels, because they're coming out next year.

I'm sticking with my old version of FCP for the time being, and using Premiere CS5 to transcode my AVCHD footage to ProRes. A very happy workflow, actually.

I suspect that Premiere may become my new best friend.

I have a feeling that those that have had their head firmly up Apple's butt have no freakin' clue of what's out there right now. This, after some profoundly ignorant comments by some pretty smart people. Beware of NLE religions!

It's going to be crap. Apple has given the middle finger to semi-pro and pro users, in favor of trying to capture the market of amateurs using HD cameras. The apologists are already excusing the major mess by saying that updates will fix the flaws and missing functionality; that's like going to buy a car, and having the dealer tell you not to worry about the missing wheels, because they're coming out next year.

I'm sticking with my old version of FCP for the time being, and using Premiere CS5 to transcode my AVCHD footage to ProRes. A very happy workflow, actually.

I suspect that Premiere may become my new best friend.

I agree. Don't get me wrong - I like FCP X because it's like an enhanced version of iMovie. If I wanted that, I'd buy it but for once I think that FCP 7 is a better option for my needs. I can simply do more with it.

Back