Brad pitt
Edward Norton
Renée Zellweger
Bruce Willis
Don Cheadle
Sandra Bullock
Tom Cruise(I know alot of people don't like him, but i do!):lol:

it's really hard to name them all, but here's what i can think of

Robert De Niro, James Stewart, Al Pacino, Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Mark Wahlburg, Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman, Ray Liotta, Joe Pesci, James Caan, Christopher Walken, John Cazale, Andy Garcia, Robert Duvall, Michael Madsen, Harvey Keitel, Steve Buscemi, Tom Hanks, Gary Sinise, Val Kilmer, Tom Sizemore, Jon Voight, Kevin Spacey, Kevin Pollack, Edward Norton, Gene Hackman, Jamie Foxx, Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, William H. Macy, John Goodman, Jeff Bridges, Harrison Ford, Laurence Fishburne, Michael J. Fox, Robert Redford, Paul Newman, Kevin Costner, Sean Connery, Gabriel Byrne, Colin Farrel, Will Smith, Mickey Rourke, Shia LaBeouf, Dan Aykroyd, Pierce Brosnan, Liam Neeson

i think the greatest actor of all time is Robert De Niro
but Jimmy Stewart and Al Pacino are a very close second and third

Hmm...in random order...

Kevin Spacey, John Travolta, Billy Crudup, Johnny Depp, Samuel L. Jackson, DeNiro, Robin Williams, Brad Pitt, Steve Buscemi, Forrest Whitaker, Geoffrey Wright, Gary Sinise, George Clooney, James Edward Olmos, Stanley Tucci...

-- spinner :cool:

I can watch just about anything with Mitchum, Matthau, Gable, William Powell, DeNiro, or Bill Murray.

That's not to leave out any other greats, but those guys are top box office draws for me.

Then there's Warren Oates, James Coburn, James Garner, and a host of others that can carry a good film.

What's sad these days is that there aren't as many of the ensemble movies utilizing several big names at once.

About the last really all big name cast film that I saw and enjoyed was "Glengarry Glen Ross". Stellar performances all around with major leaguers in all the roles. Even Alec Baldwin proved he can turn in a great performance in that one, and I only recently learned that Mamet didn't include that particular character in the play.

Oh, and Joe Pesci, where would Scorcese be without Pesci?

jack nicholson
al pacino
deniro
phillip seymore hoffman
ed norton
ryan gosling
steve buscemi
mark wahlburg
luke wilson
adrien brody

Al Pacino
Nick Nolte
Dan Ackroyd
Robert De Niro
Bill Murray
Joe Pesci
M. Emmett Walsh
Harry Dean Stanton
Johnny Depp
Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Clint Eastwood
Alan Arkin
Jeff Bridges
Steve Buscemi
Robert Duvall
Adrien Brody
John Goodman
Michael Keaton
Christian Bale
Matt Damon
James Stewart
Walter Mathau
Gene Hackman
Toshiro Mifune
Robert Mitchum
Peter Cushing
Christopher Lee
Vincent Price

And so on.

Brad Pitt (Mainly in Fight Club, 12 Monkeys, Snatch)
Johnny Depp
Daniel Day Lewis
Edward Norton
Guy Pearce

malcolm mcdowell (a clockwork orange!!) just saw his new movie red roses and petrol and he was amazing
jean reno (the professional)
robert mitchum (out of the past...amazing!)
gary busey

just a few that come to the top of my head

Al Pacino
Robert Deniro
Marlon Brando
Johnny Depp
Brad Pitt
Ed Norton
Jack Nicholson
John Travolta
Samuel L Jackson
Jim Carrey
Tom Hanks
Denzel Washingnton
Robert Duvaal
Michael Caine
and so on...

Obviously not in order!!!

In random order

Mos Def
Joe Anderson
Mia Kirshner
Helena Bonham Carter
Elijah Wood
Johnny Depp
Jared Leto
Winona Ryder
G.J. Echternkamp
Diego Luna
Nathalie Portman

My favorite actors are Harvey Keitel, good old Cuckoo Jack (a.k.a. Nicholson, LOL), and Christopher Lloyd. Sometimes, I am really into DeNiro's work; but there are other times when I think he can be a little overrated in certain films. I also am a horror buff with a lot of respect for the late Bela Lugosi.

My favorite actresses are Jennifer Connelly and Drew Barrymore from the younger generation, and Ruth Gordon from the golden age. I also really liked Tammy Blanchard in "The Good Shepherd"- she played the disabled lover of the protagonist, if you have not seen it. I would like to see more films with her; I think she could be really versatile & intense if given some more central roles.

helena bonham carter is my favorite
and i just saw "heavenly creatures" again, and thought melanie lynskey was quite incredible.

Johnny Depp
Daniel Day Lewis
Robert DeNiro
Phillip S. Hoffman
John Goodman
Jack Nicholson
Bill Murray
Julianne Moore

These are my favorites but I could go on forever with actors that I think are talented.

Last edited:
If I had to say my least favorites (I do have them) they would be:

Quentin Tarantino, Gene Hackman, M. Night Shyamalan

Back