• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch FATAL ESTATE- Feature Film

Well guys, what I hoped would be my best short yet became my first ever feature film. Not even a sophomore in high school yet, I'm extremely proud of the project and think you all will love it. It is anticipated to be 70-80 minutes long. We shot over 300 minutes of footage, shot in fifteen different locations, spent half of my life savings, and filmed for over 40 hours.

A modern, fraternal adaptation of "King Lear", it is a tragedy in four parts telling the story of the war between the two families that millionaire Donald Bowman left behind, and the brothers who fight over the grand inheritance he left behind.

Here is a poster and the four promotional posters depicting each of the four brothers:

1069133_209024282588636_475293384_n.jpg

J.D.
1001232_209652325859165_1525877395_n.jpg

Nick
971162_209652315859166_107264590_n.jpg

Michael
1017730_209652359192495_1128767992_n.jpg

Cal
533630_209652389192492_147203414_n.jpg

A trailer is coming VERY soon! Stay tuned!

Based on the trailer, the movie seems to be ok, not great but ok. Actors look too young and I do have bit of hard time to take them seriously, also it would balance the movie greatly if you would have a two sisters and two brothers.

Editing, audio are just fine, no problems there.

The first logo looks cheap, I would get rid of that.

The movie idea is quite good actually, I do like that and it does give you nice plot device for the movie.

The trailer works since I do want to see the movie now :) But in the same time it does raise concerns for me about the movie itself. I guess I have to wait untill I see the movie itself.

Looks awesome :cool:

The cinematography, acting, writing, and editing looks awesome. You always use music nicely as well. I want to see it. I liked the last two shorts you did, so I'm hopeful about this one.

Hope it turns out well!

Cool trailer! The concept looks really good!
I just thought the acting was pretty bad and there were definitely some audio/visual issues (having a plain white background isn't appealing and looks like most of the audio came from the in-camera mic).

But I congratulate you for finishing a feature length film! Keep us updated! I'd love to see it sometime.

P.S. Did you have permission to use House of the Rising Sun on the trailer? If not, you might wanna stay away from those songs/music to prevent legal issues (since this is your film and last thing you want is for it not to be shown because of the copywritten stuff). ;)

P.S. Did you have permission to use House of the Rising Sun on the trailer? If not, you might wanna stay away from those songs/music to prevent legal issues (since this is your film and last thing you want is for it not to be shown because of the copywritten stuff). ;)

I believe that he posts his films to the web with the music he would like in it (watch Damn Pretty Thing, loads of copyrighted music), and then sends his stuff to film festivals with music that is not copyrighted. I could be wrong though:D

Last edited:
I believe that he posts his films to the web with the music he would like in it (watch Damn Pretty Thing, loads of copyrighted music), and then sends his stuff to film festivals with music that is not copyrighted. I could he wrong though:D

That's correct :lol:

Justin, thanks for your opinion. We only had two experienced actors on this one (the murderous one and the youngest). We actually only used the in-camera mic for the elevator scene, but nowhere else (we recorded with a NTG-2). That sucks that it does not sound that good.

Nice job! Definitely a step-up from the other work you have done.

The framing and composition of your shots is great. You set up the story and created a mood just with the first shot. The audio was very crisp and professional sounding. Again, much better than it has been with your last short films. I like how you didn't go overboard with color grading. The image looks natural and is easy to look at. You have an interesting and simplistic visual style. The acting is good as well. The guy at 4:21 did an excellent job.

I did have some issues with it though. There seems to be some audio distortion at 5:25. In some of the scenes, the dialogue is bland and seems incredibly staged (the scene in the bar especially). Some of your shots are out of focus, shaky, and under/over exposed.

But overall, I think you did a great job. You are doing very good work, especially for your age.

Good luck! I hope to see more from you in the future :cool:

This is very impressive for someone your age, you should be proud. The acting does throw me off a bit as it is pretty bad, and some of the writing is quite boring at points and could be a bit livelier. A clever premise though
Well done

Back