• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Fashion Show: Cinderella Theme

This is a live event I filmed last week. It is basically 11mins of models in a fashion show. Comments about the quality of my camera and editing skills would be greatly appreciated! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8cjDTRmkNI

Ok, shot composition is generally good, though there were a few places where you pulled focus to an inanimate foreground object from a person, and that looked strange.

Highlights are blown out, but that may just be your camera.

Honest critisism, you should not be using sped up footage at all here. I understand you are trying to compress time and show more, but you should be using jump cuts here instead of time compression. Sped up footage is native to comedy, so it feels out of place here.

Nice job overall, but I think you could get a stronger edit if you avoided the time compression for the most part.

Hope that helps.

It does help, thanks for the comment. The highlights are blown out but the lighting in that location was too strong at times.

I agree about the speeding up footage thing. I don't like it myself. I'll try jump cuts next time! :)

Thanks again.

You can also sometimes use an ND filter to help with these overlighted situations. Just boost your RGB in post, and you can bring up the shadows much better than you can mute the brights.

Back