Fancier WF717 tripod + fluid head for $142

Hey guys, just thought I would share a link to a tripod / fluid head combo I just ordered. Its the "Fancier Professional Heavy Duty Video Camcorder Tripod Fluid Drag Head Kits by Fancier WF717 Black" from amazon for $142. Randomly came across it while browsing at other stuff on amazon, did some digging and found that its gotten great reviews and cheesycam even bought three of them and highly recommends them as well. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Fancier-Professional-Heavy-Camcorder-Tripod/dp/B003UOHPQU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316456109&sr=8-1

From what I have gathered it can support about 13 lbs with that head, but I believe the legs can handle 27 lbs. Downside is that it only extends as high as 54 inches but it uses the 75mm ball mount so you can easily level out your camera.

Anyone else get this?

51UkU6U7dAL.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Well I just got mine today and I must say, dang I will look so Pro using this. Haha, I guess I will accept looks for now and work on the Pro part in the mean time ;). At first glance and handling it feels Realllly nice, very sturdy, and everything slides out and opens up really nicely. The poop side to it is that mine came with scratches on the legs in different areas and if I didn't know any better I would say a small light brown discoloration on the screw point to hold down the head might be rust beginning to form O.o. But other than that, the head feels really nice and smooth. For the side to side panning it seems a bit stiff even when all the way open on the adjustment knob. But I think that is for the best since in theory it will hinder getting any rolling shutter effect in your video. The adjustment knob for the vertical aspect feels good and does allow you to casually tension the movement.

The height is only 52 1/2" to the top plate and 56" with a battery grip to the center of my lens when mounted. I wonder if I could build a lightweight jib to mount on this...Hmmm, give me a little more height and allow me to get a few extra cooler shots. Oh, the handle also extends out, measuring 22" from the screw that mounts it to the end of the handle, straight line. The knobs on the legs also have a stopping point when tightening them down so you can never strip them out which is reassuring. Yup, that's what I got for now.

'These are made by Weifeng in China'
'The height is only 52 1/2" to the top plate'
There's a rather un-PC joke in there somewhere.

I've come across these, thanks for passing on your experience with them.

Back