• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Fan made: The Dear Hunter - Whisper

Hey everyone, I am brand new here and since I am terrible at discussion I thought I would try sharing some of my stuff first. I have pretty terrible luck when it comes to getting feed back on my stuff from forums and other places, but I would love to here what you guys think. Please be brutally honest.

The Dear Hunter: Whisper. Shot and Directed by me.
https://vimeo.com/63200588

i like the video but it seemed too real-time and not cinematic..the close-up shots were good but the far shots had the cam corder feel. are u shooting in 24fps? add film grain to get the film look..kind of like sin city type black and white film..the green screen parts reminded me of that

Thank you! I definitely agree with both of your critiques. I had someone who was going to do hair and make up but it ended up not happening. I will definitely put more focus towards it next time.

It was shot in 24fps. As for the camcorder feel, I have had it said of my videos before. I have been trying to get past it, but I guess I'm not there yet. I think part of the problem with this video was that I was mostly using a 50mm lens. I only have two lenses, and my zoom lens is pretty ineffective at shooting in the dark. So that coupled with the fact that it's a cheap lens and we used available light for most of the shots probably made it feel cheap.

Back