Eye of the Storm - amazing HD short/music video

When I saw this, I was blown away. Truly an inspiration. Beautiful story, deep craving to know the backstory, amazing post work, and great music to pull the story from. Really nice subtle elements in here...

I'm including the making of as well, which is totally worth watching.

I haven't seen a short this good in a long time.

Short: http://www.vimeo.com/19659763

Making of: http://www.vimeo.com/19661520

Visually, it's outstanding. Really.

Even minimal dialogue would make it stratosphere outstanding as understanding what was going on takes some time.

Just an opinion, that's all. Great work to all that were involved.

Visually, it's outstanding. Really.

Even minimal dialogue would make it stratosphere outstanding as understanding what was going on takes some time.

Just an opinion, that's all. Great work to all that were involved.

That's the amazing part on the already amazing part...so much is said in this brief period of time. You know what he is doing. You know he's heading off into the eye of the storm with little to no chance of making it...but he's doing it for his love...his lost love...perhaps revenge? So much is said, yet so much is left open...and these open parts are what I'm dying to know about. Who is he? Who is she? What was in the box? How close was he to the dragon? He let it go...was it hers? Who the fuck is he!!!???

I love it.

That's the amazing part on the already amazing part...so much is said in this brief period of time. You know what he is doing. You know he's heading off into the eye of the storm with little to no chance of making it...but he's doing it for his love...his lost love...perhaps revenge? So much is said, yet so much is left open...and these open parts are what I'm dying to know about. Who is he? Who is she? What was in the box? How close was he to the dragon? He let it go...was it hers? Who the fuck is he!!!???

I love it.

Haha! I didn't get that until I saw "making of," but I may be more dense than the average viewer. :lol:

I didn't know what the heck was going on for the first half.

I'm not a big music video fan but certainly the visuals were stunning and I liked the behind the scenes. Like most music videos it is far more open to individual interpretation. I differ from M1chael in that I found it difficult to watch simply because I didn't know what was going on. There was no clear story and a less than satisfying resolution. My best guess is that he was letting go of something, surrendered to whatever that was and headed to the eye of the storm which would be a safe place of refuge.

Back