• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Execution - Short Film

So after working my ass off shooting corporate videos' and freelancing as a photographer, I got really sick whilst on holiday and spent 4 nights in a bulgarian hospital. I had nothing to do but contemplate about why i had gotten into filmmaking in the first place, and the answer was not to shoot corporate films. I love shooting them, I love working with a camera and they pay the bills but they aren't my calling. So after 4 days drugged off my head, I decided that i wanted to shoot a narrative, but being that I hasn't shot one in over a year. I decided to keep it small, minimal, no dialogue, and full of action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qe1EN7e5fo&feature=c4-overview&list=UUvBhT-ivNBgcG_Fq0jYMqIA

So here it is guys. I call it Execution

Regards
Ben Johnson

Nice work! The concept and acting is good. There are some nice shots in the film as well. The ending was good too :)

A few things though...

Some shots did not match. Shots got brighter/darker and warmer/cooler. Try to match shots as closely as you can.

The audio wasn't very good. The sound effects seemed very artificial. And some scenes lacked sound effects. It would have been nice to have heard some crunching and smashing when the guy is hit.

The beating seemed a bit long and drawn out. Cut it down.

Anyway, thanks for sharing :)

thanks for the feedback chimp nice to hear some good criticism.
No sorry i'm not in bulgaria, I was on holiday there and when I got home to Liverpool. I made this

Back