• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Eternal Hunters (Fantastic-Action Series)

Hi,

This is a webseries I'm making with my friends since summer 2010. We're actually filming the fourth episode of the first season. And the first three episodes are availible on Youtube. They are in french, but we made some subtitled versions to able english speakers to understand the story instead of just watching the special effects.

The frists episodes were shot with a Sony HDR-HC5 (prehistorical stuff yeah), but the next ones will be made with the new Canon EOS 550D.

If you like paranormal series like Charmed, Heroes, Supernatural and what not, I'm sure you'll like this.

Enjoy!

1x01: Bound
1x02: The Styx Sense (Part 1)
1x02: The Styx Sense (Part 2)
1x03: Frères Ennemis (Partie 1) (Only in French)
1x03: Frères Ennemis (Partie 2) (Only in French)

Please give us some feedback, it help us to target what people want. Thank you for watching!

(No this wasn't made in france but in the french part of Canada, which is the Quebec province)

Good job on actually going through with such a large project! It takes quite a lot of determination to do that -- kudos! With that being said, there is still quite a lot to learn. You need to use a tripod. Your handheld shots are shaky and disorienting, and it really takes away from the image. Speaking of image -- LIGHTING! You should light all of your indoor scenes. Out of everything you can improve on, lighting should be a priority. It will make your project go from a "home video" look to something quite a bit more professional.

I think you guys need to work on a much smaller project first. One that doesn't deal with magic, special effects, large casts, etc. This project seems like it has the potential to be quite interesting, but all the technical shortcomings are taking A LOT away from your work. Spend some time studying lighting, shot composition, audio, post production, etc. Spend a lot of time on each field. A problem in just ONE of those areas is going to stick out like a sore thumb. A problem in ALL of those areas is why lots of people are unable to achieve the "film feel" they want. It has nothing to do with not having a shiny new DSLR or the latest version of After Effects. It's all in the basics, and you really need to work on yours.

Thanks for your comment, we are actually shooting the fourth episode and I think it will meet those requirements, well you would be able to judge by yourself lol

I agree with Vlad. A lot of work went into this, and I applaud you, but you need to break down every aspect of production and work on each part...

Create shorts that allow you to practice each aspect of production, and on each one, improve one aspect each time...tell yourself, I am going to really take time with lighting, or sound, or shot composition...and improve these. As of now, your production value is quite low, and each require a lot more work. Which is cool...we all need to improve in one way or another, and that's one of the reasons we come here to share.

Good luck on future productions.

Back