Equipment/budget advice?

Not sure if i've posted this in the correct sub forum, if not can a mod please put it in the right place. cheers

Anyway, So I have a project that is due to be shot in december but i need to get the budget for my producer in the next week or so. Oh I should probably have said that i'm the DOP on this short, sorry this post may ramble a bit, but i'll get to the point. So i need to get my budget sorted by the end of the week or early next week at the latest, so far i have;

Camera - Sony nx5 or 5d mk3
plus field monitor and cables and that

Tripods - manfrotto with decent video heads

Lighting - Arri 2k blond kit
Arri 800w kit
Arri 300w kit
and 1k and 2k fresnels

and a egripment dolly and a doorway dolly.

Basically I'm asking if anyone can think of anything else that may be needed for the shoot? I have about $1500 more that can be spent.

also if anyone is interested, the film is a 3 minute short;

The Premise

A young, timid man motivated by the rise of England as a dominant global force is also terrified at the aspect of becoming a newly crowned king after his Father’s recent death.

I also have a much longer treatment if anyone needs help sleeping haha!

thanks for any help or advice people can give :)

Thom

haha i knew someone would say something about audio, but as I am the DOP I'm only interested in the pictures, well not really but the sound equipment is someone else's job haha!

haha i knew someone would say something about audio, but as I am the DOP I'm only interested in the pictures, well not really but the sound equipment is someone else's job haha!

well just make sure you have the audio covered, coz if it sounds crap, guard your neck against the sharpened axes is all i can say :)

Back