• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Encore Transcoding Problem

I say transcoding but it may be something else.

I have two movies (.avi) that I am importing into Encore - First movie plays on screen titles the second does not. I checked the original file for the second .avi file and it plays titles in my movie player. I have tried to export with different settings and still have the same problem

The movie plays fine until I import it into Encore. When it gets to the title, it seems to skip past the titles and shows a freeze frame until the audio/video "catches up". Then continues until the next title.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eddie

Check out www.videohelp.com for any and all video related problems.. there's generally a tool or guide to fix/work around any issue.

You'd also probably do best to encode your files before building a dvd in encore.. I would suggest either of these two encoders:

CCE
TMpegEnc

Obviously TMpegEnc is the more affordable option, both work fairly well, though many people claim that CCE gives better results (which, by the price tag, it should) -- CCE also offers a plugin for Premiere so you can export directly to Mpeg2 ;)

There's also a trial version of CCE here
This is the trial version. It is limited in the following ways:
1. A logo will be inserted in the encoded stream.
2. Encoder control list cannot be saved or loaded.
3. Framewise setting is not available for Quality setting.
EDIT:

Your specific issue strikes me as something that has to do with corrupt key frames or file handles or something of that nature.. something like virtualdub might help sort it out..

This may also be useful.

Last edited:
Back