Editing with 5D MARK II FOOTAGE

Ok so I have some amazing lovely footage from a 5D MARK II camera... The camera is truly is amazing but the problems arise when you get in post...

Im looking to get a mac but im unware of which one maybe the best one to get for this sort of HD footage...Ive heard that even on a mac you have to convert the footage onto apple prors 422 in order to edit it with ease and no difficulty....

My dilemma is im not sure which mac to get or which ones is best...Ive been saving up for months and months and i want to make sure i get the right one... The thing is, it has to be a laptop since i move around a lot... so i think as starters the best one would be a Mac book pro, specially because it has all the necessary slots....ie, an SD card slot would enable me to use an esata connector with an appropiate adaptor etc...

But what im not sure is which of the Mac book pros is the best option?!... How many Ghz is enough for 5D MARK II footage?!? most of them have 4GB memory, so thats even....and i dont want a 17inch one cause its too bulky and big so it goes down to either 13inch or 15inch.... im not so fussed about the hardrive, as i use external hardrives to edit anyway....but i want to know which one would be the best to get, which one is enough and which one is not that good but would still work....just want to see the options i have before making a major decision so any advice/help would be truly appreciated....

heres the link to mac book pros so you can check the technical specifications they have :)

http://store.apple.com/es/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_pro?mco=MTAyNTQzMzk

I hope to hear from you all soon :)

Even the base model should be plenty of horsepower to deal with 5D footage. I use a Mac Pro, but I tested the footage on a Mac Mini and it handled it with no problems. So a basic MBP should be fine.

Back