vfx Editing Input: Short Film - The Bottomless Backpack 3

I've been experimenting with digital panning, zooming in and out, and things like that on my editing platform (Premiere Pro CC) and honestly it doesn't look that great to me. Any tips? Feel free to post comments on the actual film too. I posted it under the Gallery area as well, but I feel unsure of the editing I threw in. In a way it was my way of experimenting, but also I decided to go this route due to having one shot that would've shown a massive continuity error. So due to that, I had it pull out (lol). I realized that would make that shot look out of place, so I applied similar effects to the rest of the film where it would look somewhat alright. Give me your input on things, but especially that please. It's one of my first times experimenting with this.

Of course, I'm an amateur filmmaker that's not really striving for anything professional in the sense of lighting or anything, but I did try to make it a decent follow-up to my high school shorts. I filmed on a Google Pixel 3a XL (not bad, right? I went 30fps instead of 60fps. I felt 60 fps would look fucky. I prefer 24fps, but not an option of course.) I recorded with a Sennheiser ME66 shotgun mic, no wind guard or anything, that recorded into a cheap external voice recorder that had a 3.5mm input on it. I synced in editing of course, and I completely forgot to throw in color correction aside from the daydream sequence, but upon seeing the final product I don't think that makes a big difference.

Anyway, give me your thoughts and criticism. Thanks for taking the time to watch and critique! Sorry for double posting! For what it's worth, I'm the 'drunk' guy in the video (Sal). Feel free to post questions, I'm happy to answer. My lead actor had actually said, "it's not as bad as I thought it would be." Enjoy!

Back