• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

EDITING: Best free editing software?

At the moment, i've been using VideoPad Video Editor for PC and its been okay. The good thing is it works with a lot of types of video and does a lot of the things i would need for beginner level to intermediate level editing. The problem is I've been used to using Sony Vegas Pro 8, and since it doesn't work on my Win7 PC that i recently bought, I resorted to using Video Pad. I was wondering if there are any freeware that you would recommend I use? One problem I have is Videopad's lack of a good chroma keying feature, and its b-roll track is a little difficult to use since there is only one main video track, rather than multi tracks for video and audio like it does in Sony Vegas or even Final Cut Pro.

HitFilm looks good, so I will definitely download that and give it a try. I downloaded Wondershare Filmora and it installed and runs well, imported MOV files fine (piece of poop Windows Moviemaker didn't) and so far my only complaint is the pastel colors on the interface buttons. Now that I have a lot of time to pick and choose an editing package, this is pretty cool.

Urp, better add some RAM to my computer. I'm one gig low. OK, now where do I go buy cheap RAM? Hmmmm.

Back