DVD Studio Pro, not as easy as it should be.

Is it me, or is this progam unnesessarily complicated?

I've been trying to create a 'rollover' button, so that when the button is highlighted (rolled over) it switches from one photoshop file to another. It's a basic task, why can't I work it out.

I use Dreamweaver, Golive and Flash (and even dabbled with Director in the past) and found it easy to get to grips in these.

Any help appreciated.

Steven

At risk of answering my own questions here.

But, is it something to do with layers, i.e. a new layer for each button state, which would mean if I had 10 buttons I would have 20 layers? Bit complicated if it is.

Steven

I think it's 2 layers, one normal state, one selected state...the button shape reveals the underneath layer. I'm probably wrong, but I agree that it's the least intuitive program in the package.

Check out the How to dvd that came with Final cut studio. That vid is up online as well. I think they cover that.

Use shapes

I recommend using Shapes instead of the layered menu technique. You have alot more flexibility with Shapes. A shape is a Photoshop file with layers that represent the visual component of the button as well as the on and off states. Check the manual for more details but you might like them better than making the entire menu as a photohop document and dragging button areas over that.

Back