Dumb Question

I've been pulling photos of frames off the net to use in Final Cut.

Most work fine. I superimpose my video or stills on Track One and put the frame on Track Two. Where the picture would be on all the frame photos is solid black, all from the same site.

Some superimpose fine, and others do not.

The ones that don't, I exchange tracks and resize the footage or photo to look like it's in the frame.

Why is it, that even though the background is black, some won't superimpose?

examples? I'm certain that if I can see what you're looking at, I can get you a solution.

You can create an alpha channel (just black and white channel with black being the cutout bit) and put it on track 2, frame on track 3 and set the composite mode of 3 to luma matte. To make a matte, take 2 rectangle generated shapes (lower right corner of the viewer window) one white and the inner, smaller one black the size of the inner part of the frame... or you can use a 4-point garbage matte to cutout the inner portion of the frame and invert the matte in the settings for the filter.

Thank You. I'll give that a shot.

It's just my crappy (and yes I mean crappy) vacation video/photos. But, I like to have a little fun with it.

We went on the new Disney Dream Cruise (it has a water slide that circles the upper deck and over the ocean. It's fun. Being Disney they have artwork everywhere. There are certain paintings they call "Enchanted Artwork". When you pass them, they animate. I shot a bunch of them, and made a little video. While I suck with a camera, the moving boat didn't help steady anything. But, the enchanted artwork is still pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X37VPc0jnB8

Back