DSRL Equipment

OK, first off I posted this in the newbie section for a reason: I'm just about as green as they come.
I've had an idea for a web series for a while and I've asked a few people what kind of camera I should use and they've mentioned a DSLR since it'll provide sufficient HD quality especially if it's going to be streamed on the internet (so they say). I'm in a community college that allows us to borrow some of the gear, I only signed up for a class for this purpose, I have no interest in pursuing a film degree. They have pretty great lights and everything else except when it comes to a camera, I'd prefer to have my own that I can rely on and borrow gear from production companies when school is out for the holidays.

Back to the point, I was wondering if you guys could recommend a decent DSLR for around $750-900 w/ the lens included. Keep in mind this is for a beginner. I don't know why but when I've researched on my own I keep coming back to the Canon EOS Rebel T3i
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-T3i-Digital-Imaging-18-55mm/dp/B004J3V90Y

What I want to accomplish is getting HD quality that won't have viewers ALT + F4ing at the sight of the video quality.

Also, a tip on audio devices to sync w/ the DSLR video would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help :).

Opps forgot I was on a forum I guess when I posted the link improperly...

And in terms of a microbudget, I'm guessing it doesn't get much more micro than that?

Think I'll just do what I always do when making decisions, close my eyes, grab on to my testies, and hope for the best.

Maybe I'll do that, I enrolled in a single Community College course so that I could rent out some of the stuff that I don't have, perhaps a mic will be one of those things. Student : Equipment ratio is pretty good.

Any word on a tripod or external monitor? Is 7" a sufficient size for an external monitor?

Back