DSLR shoulder style rig on top with Glidecam on bottom?

I'm new to video. So I'll apologize ahead of time of this is not a good question.

I have a FancierStudio DLSR Shoulder mount rig. I was wondering if anyone has tried mounting the base of a rig like this to a Glidecam (steadicam)? The reason I'm interested is so that with this type of setup I could use the already build in follow focus and attach a field monitor more easily to the should rig. The only difference is I wouldn't actually attach the should bracket piece of the shoulder rig. This would also allow me to go back and forth between the glidecam and the should mount faster.

There may be a weight issue with this type of setup.

You can put a rail setup on a stablizer for sure, as long as it's rated for the extra weight.

You still couldn't focus while moving most likely, the extra hand on the camera would negate the point. A whip for your FF might help though, or if you needed to attach a monitor or something.

Just make sure you double and triple check the weight capacity.
Throwing a rail system and camera combo on a stabilizer can quickly go over the rating.

You could look into something like the eemov SOBERCAM which is an affordable vest combo if you want to use a monitor and battery in conjunction with your rail system mounted on top.

Back